Senior Veterinary Biomedical Scientist (Haematology)
We are a small, friendly diagnostic laboratory, and place a strong emphasis on client care and service quality. We are UKAS-accredited to the new 17025:2017 standard and provide diagnostic services in Clinical Pathology and Microbiology. Our laboratory is staffed by highly trained, motivated and experienced biomedical scientists, two qualified veterinary clinical pathologists, an Internal Medicine Specialist, and an ECVM Diplomate. Our clients are predominantly first opinion companion animal clinics, and the workload is interesting and varied. We are continually expanding and developing our diagnostic service; our new Molecular Biology service has just begun, several large refurbishment projects have recently completed, and we are introducing a new LIMS system next year.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Veterinary Biomedical Scientist specialising in Haematology to join our team on a permanent basis.
As a Senior Biomedical Scientist, we would require a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a high throughput diagnostic laboratory focusing on haematology but also:
- Competent in blood film microscopy, and performing manual differentials
- Experience working within a quality management system
- Experience with the following analysers would be welcome: Sysmex XT2000i, Sysmex CA660 coagulation analyser
- Experience working with veterinary specimens would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Undergraduate degree in a biomedical science
For more information and to apply, please email email@example.com