Senior Biomedical Scientist
I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client who is looking for a Senior Biomedical Scientist. This role is based in Bedfordshire. The successful Senior Biomedical Scientist will be working in a high throughput diagnostic laboratory for the testing of SARS-CoV-2 RNA using real-time (RT) PCR methodology (a so-called Lighthouse lab). The laboratory is preparing an application to UKAS to be accredited to ISO15189:2012 and has received a pre-assessment visit.
This role will provide the laboratory with a HCPC registered and experience Senior Biomedical Scientist who would be responsible for ensuring that all laboratory quality assurance protocols meet the ISO15189:2012 standard and are being followed.
The Senior Biomedical Scientist will gather performance data for presentation at regular data quality meetings. In addition, they will be responsible for the interpretation and authorisation of RT-PCR results that require human intervention as well as assisting the laboratory coordinators, and other laboratory personnel, to carry out troubleshooting of the test process should issues arise.
The Senior Biomedical Scientist would have
principle duties and responsibilities such as:
- Provide technical expertise to the project.
Authorise PCR results, including IQA and EQA.
- Supervision of staff in the PCR analysis laboratory including oversight of maintenance and troubleshooting of PCR platforms.
- Responsibility for the training and development of staff in the PCR analysis laboratory.
- Create and review technical documents and SOPs compliant with the ISO15189:2012 standard using the laboratory QMS.
- Assist laboratory management in ensuring that compliance with organisational quality standards and H&S requirements are maintained.