UK Clinical Laboratory Specialist Field Based
Our brand-new office in Marlow, UK, is located within proximity of regional & international airports which provides a welcome flexibility to our employees to organise their business travel. The office acts as a base to over 40 employees of our UK Commercial Team, covering a range of functions, including: Sales, Marketing, HR, Field Engineering & Finance. Due to the nature of the positions housed at Marlow, we have several employees who work from home and several that are field based in order to help support our customers. There are regular team meetings to ensure the team are connected and driving our success journey together as One ORTHO.
The UK Clinical Laboratory Product Specialist is a key member of the local Ortho team working with the Sales, Marketing and Administration teams. The LS delivers the implementation of projects, instrument set-up and supports equipment and product use for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics customer base.
The LS schedules workload, support visits within UK to minimize system down time and maintain high level of customer satisfaction. The LS role is the key technical contact point on all aspects concerning the application of troubleshooting of instrument software or hardware issues, ensuring implementation projects are delivered as per standard SOPs as well as the training requirements for the customers.
The possible locations are: West Midlands (Birmingham, Coventry), Sheffield, East Midlands (Nottingham, Leicester, Derby).
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring technical aspects of implementations are planned, initiated and completed in an efficient and timely manner using available internal and external resources in line with standard operating procedures.
- Key technical contact point for Clinical Laboratory within a specified territory including all aspects concerning the application of troubleshooting of instruments, software or hardware issues, and training requirements for the customers.
- New instrument performance qualification where required by contract and by customer.
- Support all systems to the designated product performance metrics and KPIs associated to service contracts within Ortho Care.
- Supports sales teams with customer interaction of new account opportunities, including technical presentation of Ortho technical capabilities (instruments, software. Develops menu opportunities with existing customers.
- Responsible for following Ortho complaint handling procedures relative to complaint identification, documentation, resolution, and escalation.
- Provides operational guidance for the day-to-day effectiveness of the Ortho Care team including co-ordination of installation activity, coordinating / assisting with National troubleshooting scenarios, working with team to ensure modifications are installed by due dates. Acts as the subject matter expert on PSS CL activities.
- Participates in any required new software / hardware evaluations. Sets up and maintains processes /documentation used by the Ortho Care team.
- Works closely with TSM to uphold open clear communications across the Ortho Care Team maintaining and leveraging the team’s skills and knowledge to meet the business needs and plan.
- Educated to a recognised academic and technical standard dependent on Country requirements and policies
- 2 years working in a hospital/industrial laboratory environment as a Biomedical scientist (or equivalent) in the core laboratory setting (Clinical chemistry / immuno-assay)
- Familiarity with dry slide technology would be an advantage.
- Good verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the organization and management of the healthcare and laboratories structure
- Knowledge of the market and the competition and the ability to compare and contrast their products with Ortho products is an advantage
- Must also have a demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of project management.
- Ability to operate in a team environment as well as working on own is important
- A full clean driving license is essential