HCA Healthcare UK The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services.
We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry and endocrinology, haematology and blood transfusion, histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology, with each laboratory equipped with the best available analytical instrumentation.
About the Role
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist in Cellular Pathology Department Histology. The candidate must be registered with the HCPC and will carry out histology routine and more complex investigations / analysis of tissue using specialised laboratory equipment.
The post holder will perform duties as part of the Histology Laboratory Team under the supervision of Senior Biomedical Scientists, and will participate in the weekly rotation of laboratory areas : Specimen Dissection, Embedding & Microtomy, Quality control Area and Special stains.
This post requires working shifts as required and the candidates must have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be able to work extended periods of concentration to deliver a high quality service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform timely and accurate processing of samples and perform Histology laboratory techniques in accordance with departmental approved SOPs
- The use of skills, theory of Histology, and knowledge to provide a high quality and effective Histopathology laboratory service
- Be responsible for delegated tasks involved in the day-to-day organisation and delivery of a clinical pathology service with high standards of patient care.
- To assist all staff in maintaining high scientific and quality standards within the Histology section and in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and UKAS 15189 standard.
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family.
As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
- You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients;
and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact