Associate Laboratory Director
6 days left
- Full Time
Amazon is focused on the health and safety of our employees, whilst continuing to serve the people who need our services, now more than ever. Whilst there is promising news of late-stage vaccine development on the horizon, regular testing on a global scale is going to continue to be a key factor in controlling Coronavirus and keeping communities safe so we can re-enter the economy with confidence.
As we aim to contribute to the resources battling this pandemic, Amazon has started along a path to roll out mass employee testing by setting up its own diagnostics laboratories – join us, and contribute to one of the most significant problems of our time.
As Associate Laboratory Director, you will be responsible for running our operation during our second shift and managing our clinical teams to perform a high performance service with quality at the forefront of everything we do. In addition to overseeing the operational aspects of our facility, you will also be a key scientific contributor towards the strategic development of our service as we continue to expand and grow our testing capacity.
This role is being hired on a permanent contract and is part of our expanded second shift working Tuesday-Saturday from 17.00 to 01.00, with an initial on-boarding period working 13.00-21.00.
For more information on this program please follow this link: https://blog.aboutamazon.co.uk//working-at-amazon/how-we-ramped-up-onsite-covid-19-testing-for-amazon-employees
· Provide day-to-day onsite supervision of testing personnel, providing guidance and direction in the reporting of test results, reporting to Laboratory Director
· Assume primary responsibility for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures in the absence of the Laboratory Director
· Exercise discretion and independent judgement in overseeing our service, including technical and scientific methodology, testing accuracy, laboratory conditions, and personnel management
· Ensure operational compliance with the clinical laboratory’s Quality Management Systems and delivery of routine QMS associated metrics, as well as maintenance and supervision of the proficiency testing (PT) program
· Monitor key financial, quality, and efficiency indicators and recognize opportunities for improvement
· PhD in a biomedical science or Fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
· Prior experience managing a laboratory end-to end or experience managing teams within a large scale facility
· Experience operating within a CL2/BSL2 environment or above
· Extensive experience with PCR including qPCR
· Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health and Safety requirements
· PhD in molecular biology, virology or clinical microbiology
· Experience managing/supervising a clinical diagnostic service
· Knowledge of building and scaling high throughput diagnostics operations
Apply now by using the 'Apply' button.