Biomedical Scientist – Stem Cells
We have an exciting opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join our Stem Cell Laboratory team based at The London Clinic in Central London, W1G 6BW, with a salary range on offer of £40,363 - £45,357.
The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. We have approx. 1300 employees across 8 sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
As a Biomedical Scientist you will practice as a Biomedical Scientist with HCPC registration and to ideally demonstrate some knowledge and or expertise in stem cell transplantation and support the stem cell manager in providing an efficient and effective service. To ensure that scientific standards are maintained and that Clinic policies are adhered to at all times.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: We operate a mixed shift pattern - Earlies / Lates (typically 5 x 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 0800 – 1930.
- Benefits package:
- Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%).
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- 33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays).
- Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more.
- We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Compliance with and as required review of policies and procedures and standard operating procedures for the efficient harvesting, processing, storage and transplantation of haematopoietic stem cells. These must be compliant with all relevant regulatory bodies and published guidelines, ensuring validation before use.
- Processing donor lymphocytes and haematopoietic stem cells in bone marrow and peripheral blood obtained from patients and donors for transplant treatment.
- Collection, timely transportation and receipt of cells for processing from the apheresis suite to the laboratory and acceptance and adequate handling of external cells for processing and/or storage.
- Coordinating with other staff and transplant registries in the collection and receipt of cells for transplantation.
Skills & Experience
- HCPC Registered, minimum 2 years post HCPC registration
- Preferably some recent stem cell / bone marrow processing and Quality Management experience
- Preferably some practical and theoretical experience in flow cytometry.
- Excellent interpersonal and time-management skills, attention to detail and a commitment to service excellence.
- Consideration would also be given to candidate’s who have an interest in Stem cell with a background in Haem, Blood transfusion or both as training will be given.
Please contact Katherine Turpie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic’s main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynae; Hepatobiliary; Neuro; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastics; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Bariatric surgery.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
Apply for Biomedical Scientist – Stem Cells
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly