Biomedical Scientist Haematology
3 days left
- Full Time
Biomedical Scientist with recent Haematology experience
Employer: HCA Healthcare UK
Fixed Term Contract: 15 hours a week
About the Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services. We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry and endocrinology, haematology, Transfusion and histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology, with each laboratory equipped with the best available analytical instrumentation.
As a Biomedical Scientist, you will provide a specialist analytical and technical service to our clients. The post holder will be expected to work with the Haematology Team.
This is a Part-time 15 hours a week (Maternity cover) role. The salary being offered is competitive dependent on skills and experience. This is a BMS 1 position.
08:00 – 16:30
09:00 – 17:30
12:30 – 21:00
There is no weekend or night shifts requirement for this role
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibility
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples
- Interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results
- Monitor and enter results from referral laboratories
- Complete External Quality Control
- Deal with telephone enquires
- Assist Section Leader and BMS 3 with the day to day running of Haematology section
- Maintain professional development records in compliance with IBMS and HCPC requirements. Treat all users of the service in an efficient and courteous manner and to ensure that all enquiries that cannot be dealt with directly are passed on to an appropriate senior member of the Pathology department.
Skills & Experience
- MSc desirable
- HCPC Registered
- Member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences is desirable
- Evidence of continual personal development
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact