Senior Biomedical Scientist Microbiology
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hour per week and the salary being offered is competitive dependent on skills and experience. This is a BMS2 position.
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care. HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services. We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry, haematology and blood transfusion, histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology.
To provide a specialist analytical and technical service to our clients. The post holder will be expected to work across the Microbiology and Serology departments.
The Weekday Shift Times Are
9:00am – 5.00pm
08.00 -20.30pm (extra payment).
Covering night shifts as required
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibility
- Maintain technical expertise within areas of work and provide advice to service users/team members as required
- Use specialist knowledge to determine appropriate testing as required
- Understand the concept of validation/verification and provide plans for how such work may be undertaken
- Produce complex and professional laboratory reports
- Perform day-to-day duties within the laboratory relating to the investigation of samples leading to the release of a completed report
- Experience of using a variety of analytical platforms (eg. Roche COBAS 6500, Bruker MALDI-TOF, BD MGIT, Diasorin Liason, biomerieux VIDAS, DS2, Cepheid.
Skills & Experience
- Registration as a Biomedical Scientist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Hold evidence of, and continue to demonstrate continual personal/professional development ensuring up-to-date knowledge and working to high professional standards.
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio in Medical Microbiology, or equivalent experience (eg. 5 years post registration)
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.