Orphidia is leading the development of next generation medical technology which will transform medical testing and the healthcare industry. We are developing a portable device to run all the common lab tests for liver, kidney, cardiac, thyroid, and hormone levels with results provided within 20 minutes. We now have a fast-growing, multidisciplinary team of more engineers, biologists and technicians. Orphidia is funded by well known Silicon Valley investors and is targeting rapid expansion in the US medical market through its partnerships with premier US health systems. The process of performing the most common blood tests hasn't changed in decades: once the patient visits the doctor's clinic, the test is done in a lab off premise, extending the time to diagnosis by weeks. But 1 in 3 people who die from chronic diseases every year could live longer if their disease was diagnosed earlier. Our device will change that by enabling rapid, lab-accurate, simultaneous, measurement of multiple biomarkers anywhere and anytime from a single blood drop. Orphidia's technology will change healthcare, expanding access to testing globally and enabling the practice of medicine to become truly information based.
An exciting opportunity for a talented individual with strong background in biomedical science. Reporting to the Head of Biology you will play a pivotal role within the organization helping in the development of novel assays.
• Good grade in biosciences degree and a minimum of 2 years lab experience in clinical or commercial lab focused on immunoassays
• Enthusiasm, determination, initiative, ability to think critically and to trouble-shoot experiments, good communication and organizational skills are required.
• Preparing solutions for chemical and biological experiments;
• Supporting the biology team in all design experiments;
• Documenting and maintaining up to date laboratory notebooks, with records of all experiments and their outcomes;
• Contributing to development progress and overcoming technical problems in discussions with the core development team;
• Contributing to the efficient functioning of the company’s facilities, including the maintenance of laboratory equipment;
Advantageous if you also have:
• Experience working in a clinical lab
• Experience handling human samples
• Experience in running diagnostic assays
• Experience of working in a clinical laboratory
• Familiarity with ISO, GMP standards/guidelines
Job Type: Full-time
Clinical or Industrial Lab: 2-3 years