We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Biomedical Scientist (Histopathology) to join our Pathology Team based across our locations in Harley Street (London, W1G) with an inclusive salary range on offer of £47,619 - £55,439 per annum.
The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
The post holder will play a key role in service development for both reception and dissection areas, striving for and maintaining best practice, maintaining high scientific and technical standards.
Job Type: Permanent and full time
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week. Shift patterns are between Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 8.00pm, and one Saturday in four (9am to 1pm), determined on a rota.
Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package including a contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 days annual leave (inclusive), as well as a wide range of other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the Chief Biomedical Scientist in allocating and co-ordinating the routine work of the department, ensuring that staff deployment maximises the use of available resources.
- To be responsible for internal and external quality assurance, staff training, maintenance of up-to-date techniques and written protocols and procedures.
- Participate in the surgical dissection of diagnostic A-E graded histopathology specimens and provide cover for consultant dissection sessions, especially in their absence.
- Evaluate clinical information on the histopathology request forms and understand specimen idiosyncrasies.
Skills & Experience
- HCPC Registration as a BMS with a minimum of 5 years post registration experience.
- Comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of histopathology.
- At least 5 years post-registration recent histopathology laboratory experience.
- Extensive experience dissecting and block sampling specimens categorised as types A-E by RCPath.
To apply, please send your CV to K.Turpie@thelondonclinic.co.uk
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
We are an organisation that has charitable status, and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.