We have an exciting opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join our Histopathology team based at The London Clinic in Central London, W1G 6BW, with a competitive salary range on offer.
The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. We have approx. 1300 employees across 8 sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Biomedical Scientist to join the team. As a Biomedical Scientist, you will support the Chief BMS in providing an efficient and effective service. To ensure that scientific standards are maintained and that Clinic policies are adhered to at all times.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: 37.5 hours per week on a shift pattern rota (including a one in four Saturdays)
- Benefits package:
- Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%).
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- 33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays).
- Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more.
- We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- To assist the senior biomedical scientists in carrying out the routine work of the area
- To process internal and external quality assurance
- To assist in the evaluation of new equipment and method verification
- Participation in all areas of laboratory bench work
Skills & Experience
- HCPC post- registration histopathology laboratory experience
- Experience of UKAS requirements
- Good understanding of quality management systems and ISO standards
- Excellent laboratory bench skills in routine histology
Closing date: 22nd September. Interviews to be held 28th September 2021
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic’s main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynae; Hepatobiliary; Neuro; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastics; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Bariatric surgery.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.