Medicines Discovery Catapult Services (MDCS) Lighthouse Laboratory are inviting applications from highly motivated, ambitious, and experienced Specialist Biomedical Scientists to join our progressive and very friendly Serology.
We were initially set up as a new laboratory specifically for PCR testing as part of the region’s response to COVID-19. We are now expanding our scope to incorporate serology and COVID-19 antibody testing as an on-going part of supporting the national pandemic response.
The perfect candidate will be
- HCPC registered and ideally have a specialist portfolio
- experience in a serology or biochemistry/immunology discipline
- with experience in departmental training, UKAS accreditation and in maintaining quality standards (ISO 15189)
- Experience of using Roche Cobas Equipment
Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the supervision of a small team of Trainee BMS’s and Laboratory Technicians
- Overseeing the running of out Cobas 8000 analysers
- Be responsible for validating results using infinity Roche middleware.
- 25 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per year (based on 4 on 4 off shift pattern)
- generous company pension scheme - employee 5% and employer up to a maximum of 10% contributions
- Life assurance policy – 4 x annual base salary
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted shuttle bus service from Manchester to Alderley Park
- Restaurant, Cafes and gastro pub
- Gym and workout studio, running, walking, and cycling routes
- Good public transport links with the shuttle bus service
To apply for the position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Careers | MDC Lighthouse Careers (postingpanda.uk)