The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform specializing in the design and delivery of complete drug discovery and development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up to and including Phase II clinical studies.
RxCelerate are currently looking to recruit an experienced Histopathology Team Manager to manage the day to day running of our newly established histopathology laboratory.
This position sits within the RxBiology division, where, as the Histopathology Team Manager, you will manage a small team of Histology Scientists to support the in vivo team with the processing and staining of in vivo tissues. Our in vivo scientists specialise in working with clients to develop bespoke preclinical animal models that are fit for purpose and that answer specific research questions of interest. The Histopathology Team Manager will work closely with the in vivo team to plan histological components of in vivo studies and to take tissues through to the production of high-quality histology slides.
This is a hands-on role with Line Management responsibilities in which the candidate should have a proven track record in the preparation of human tissues or tissues taken from laboratory animal species. You will have sound theoretical knowledge of the discipline to accompany practical skills and ideally 5 years’ experience in a histology laboratory. This role will provide a great variety in the projects undertaken, as part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary company. This is a full-time position with opportunities for further training and professional development.
• To manage a small team of Histology Scientists and to work both independently and collaboratively to take fixed and frozen tissues through processing and sectioning to the production of high-quality histology slides, using routine and specialist stains.
• Responsible for inputting into in vivo projects and planning the histological component of in-house studies.
• Be responsible for the day to day running of the histology laboratory, including maintenance of equipment, and ordering of consumables.
• BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Ideally 5 years practical experience in a biological / medical / pharmaceutical research environment.
• Experience in the preparation of human and/or laboratory animal tissues.
• Experience in planning and implementing histological experiments.
• Experience of immunohistochemistry techniques and other methods of tissue-based expression analysis.
• Experience of digital slide scanning.
• Experience of providing inspirational and motivational Line Management to a small team. Including experience of setting team and individual goals and providing routine evaluations of progress toward these goals.
• Flexible: ability to react to changing priorities.
• Experience of, or interest in acquiring experience in, quantitative histology.
• Highly organised and self-motivated.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, with proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good level of computer literacy.
• Experience of frozen tissue preparation.
• Experience in digital imaging.
• Experience in graphing simple data sets.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the competencies in PDF format to email@example.com. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
RxCelerate values and actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.