The incumbent serves as a member of the DSAT Science office, which provides scientific support and services for DSAT's programmatic areas. In addition, the incumbent assists in the design and execution of critical programs to train biosafety and biosecurity inspectors within and outside the Agency and to optimize regulatory compliance for the U.S. biodefense enterprise and other importers of infectious biological agents.
As a Microbiologist you will:
- Provide expert scientific advice, consultation and support to the DSAT Science Office including data analysis and internal and external program reporting requirements including reports on timeliness, aggregate data, inspection report audits, and inspection feedback survey reports.
- Assist the Associate Director for Science with responding to science related requests internally and externally such as with responding to inquires about inactivation of select agents and consult with SMEs as necessary.
- Produce and/or update peer reviewed publications, guidance and policy documents, and outreach materials based on analysis of program data.
- Research existing literature when responding to technical inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.