Staff Bioengineer, R&D Hip
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes Research & Development department is recruiting for a Staff Bioengineer to join its high performing team.
The R&D function of DePuy Synthes offers exciting career opportunities for high calibre Engineering professionals. We provide value by delivering superior engineering performance, supporting our internal and external customers and by developing great business leaders. At DePuy Synthes, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Staff Bioengineer. This role is ideal for someone who wants to progress their leadership journey within a technical field of experts. In this role, you will provide an expert level of innovative skill and knowledge in specific technical areas, which have been defined as major business opportunities or interests, and to create products within these areas, which successfully meet customer needs.
What you’re great at:
You will have a strong engineering focus and be able to work effectively across many different functions which will ensure that we meet both the customer and the business needs. You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player.
It goes without saying that you will have be an excellent communicator who is passionate about providing a world-class service to customers, both within and without R&D
You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
As a Staff Bioengineer, your typical day may include:
- Attainment of technical goals agreed in relation to project objectives with the minimum level of guidance and within agreed deadlines
- To work and supervise subordinates work towards agreed objectives within the agreed defined parameters of the project brief
- Provide cover as required for other Staff Bioengineers, Senior Bioengineers, Bioengineers and Scientists
- Introduce new technology and methodology as appropriate to increase the effectiveness of the business
- May include managerial responsibility for Graduate Bioengineers
You will hold a relevant scientific degree teamed with at least 6 years product research and development experience in a relevant technical area. A PhD would be an advantage. It is essential that you have thorough understanding of commercial considerations and creative R&D ability.
Ideally you will be from an orthopaedic background but we will consider other regulated industries.
You will also have:
- Exceptional communication skills to allow you to work effectively across various levels and internal teams, as well as health care professionals and external researchers
- Forward thinking – always looking to improve and not accept the status quo
- Logical and analytical approach
- People management and supervisory skills
- Engineering Design and analysis skills
- Mentally strong to handle the demands of a focused product development group
- Ability to be self-directed/managed and well-motivated towards achieving goals
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
To be a success in this role you will be passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can-do attitude which will enable you to build effective relationships and networks locally/globally. You will be able to make complex issues clear and transparent and be a strong problem solver.
In return for all this great work, we will offer you:
Within DePuy Synthes we are always looking for future leaders so this position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. We will support you to develop both technically and personally.
You will also be rewarded by knowing you are helping patients across the world. This role offers you such a varied experience where you have the opportunity to publish your work whilst further your knowledge and networks by attending international conferences.
If you are ready for your career to excel to the next level then this is one in a life time chance to join the world’s leading health care provider.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
- Committed to caring
- Responsible to our communities
- Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
- Unique in our background and experiences
- The drivers of our own success
- Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 9th July 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act