Biomedical Scientist - Biochemistry
We are currently looking for a Veterinary Biomedical Scientist in Biochemistry to join our well established Lab Services laboratory.
This is a full-time permanent positon based in Watford, with some Saturday work required but would be classed as overtime.
The successful candidate will be participating in our Veterinary biochemistry diagnostic service, whilst co-operating with colleagues in other departments to ensure the diagnostic service runs smoothly.
This role will require some Saturday work, which will be down as paid overtime.
What you'll be doing;
- Specimen reception: opening mail and preparing diagnostic samples for testing
- Perform biochemistry testing of veterinary specimens
- Data entry: accurate and prompt entry of sample information into LIMS
- Review and release results through the LIMS system
- Handle telephone queries from clients
- Participate in maintaining the Quality Standards within the department; participate in audits as required
- Assist the technical manager in the maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Laboratory stock control and ordering
- Assist with staff training as required
- Maintain tidy, safe and clean work areas
- Actively participate in CPD
- Comply with laboratory health and safety regulations
- Liaise with office staff and colleagues within the diagnostic service to ensure the efficient running of the service
What we require from you;
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a high throughput diagnostic laboratory focusing on clinical chemistry
- Experience working within a quality management system
- Experience operating laboratory information management systems
- Experience with the following analysers would be welcome, Siemens Immulite 2000 XPi and Beckman Coulter AU680.
If you are interested in the role, please apply with your CV attached.