Scientist I - Flow Cytometry
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Scientist with expertise in Immunology and Flow Cytometry to join our HQ office in Cambridge. As a Scientist I, Flow Cytometry you will mainly be responsible for proposing protocol improvements and be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation. You will be a technical expert in Flow Cytometry and actively present experimental findings within Abcam and to international scientific community.
Please note that we are currently based on the Milton Science Park and that we are relocating to brand-new state-of-the art Headquarter facilities on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus in January 2019.
About the Imaging & Flow Team
The Imaging & Flow Team is part of the New Product Development Department and is responsible for the validation of antibodies in a variety of applications, including Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Flow Cytometry (FC). It is a dynamic group that delivers a high-quality, scientifically-supported approach to antibody validation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Actively present experimental findings within Abcam and to international scientific community.
- Demonstrate broad experience of flow cytometry, to include:
- o use of robust experimental controls
- o multi-colour experiments for immunophenotyping
- o isolation of primary cells (murine and human)
- o analysis and presentation of results
- Fully accountable for taking project work, breaking it down into tasks and scheduling those tasks for themselves and others, ensuring delivery on time.
- Proactively contribute ideas to the organization which challenge the established procedures and seek to optimize.
- Continue to work despite obstacles and setbacks, but also understand when a change of course is required.
- Validate new assay protocols and integrate them into standard work streams.
- Maintain and, where required, establish high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Support existing Flow Cytometry Scientists in various projects, as required.
- PhD in Immunology, or equivalent experience.
- Firm understanding of principles literature and methods in immunology and flow cytometry.
- Demonstrable broad experience of flow cytometry, cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design and workload management.
- Experience in using antibody reagents and a strong scientific understanding of the processes involved in their development.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Accurate and traceable record keeping and attention to details.
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and across teams within the company.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience in designing and performing multi-colour flow cytometry experiments
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of managing projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Flowjo software.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
More searches like this
- Clinical Chemistry Other £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Full Time
- Microbiology Other £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Full Time
- Molecular Pathology Other £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Full Time
- Other Other £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Full Time
- Biochemistry Other £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Full Time