Band 6 Biomedical Scientist - Immunology
Our client based in the North of Wales is looking for a band 6 Biomedical Scientist specialising in Immunology.
Candidates must be HCPC regsitered and have post registration experience.
Duties will be:
- Running, reporting and troubleshooting routine testing for allergy and autoimmunity on a Phadia Unicap 250
- Running automated slide processors (ASP 1200 with Quantalink software) for Immunofluorescent screening assays.
- Reading and reporting Immunofluorescent slides (Hep 2, LKS, ANCA, endomysial etc.) .
- Running and reporting Immunoblot assays using the Euroimmun Blot master
- Assisting in maintaining the laboratory quality assurance procedures including responsibility for reporting/monitoring/troubleshooting IQC and EQA.
- To assist in maintaining the application of UKAS requirements in the lab.
- Supervising and training band 3 staff and supporting the training of band 5 trainee BMS and new band 6 staff.
- To take part the Immunology service weekend and Bank holiday standby cover (as per lab rota, 9am to 5pm Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays)
They are looking for candidates to start work in Mid- May.
Hours: 37.5 hour per week plus weekend standby sessions as per lab rota (probable 2 per month)
Start Date: Mid May
Location: North Wales
Pay: £26 - £27 per hour