Band 6 Biomedical Scientist
Are you looking for a new Biomedical Scientist role?
Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Biomedical Scientist to fill a full-time role in Bangor. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Biomedical Scientist practices and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Biomedical Scientist job is £27 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an ongoing contract.
- Running, reporting and troubleshooting routine testing for allergy and autoimmunity on a Phadia Unicap 250.
- Running automated slide processors (ASP 1200 with Quanta link software) for Immunofluorescent screening assays.
- Reading and reporting Immunofluorescent slides (Hep 2, LKS, ANCA, endomysial etc.).
- Running and reporting Immunoblot assays using the Euroimmun Blot master.
- Assisting in maintaining the laboratory quality assurance procedures including responsibility for reporting/monitoring/troubleshooting IQC and EQA. To assist in maintaining the application of UKAS requirements in the lab.
- Supervising and training band 3 staff and supporting the training of band 5 trainee BMS and new band 6 staff.
- To take part the Immunology service weekend and Bank holiday standby cover (as per lab rota, 9am to 5pm Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays)
Requirements of the Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC Registered
- Recent post qualifying experience within a similar role
This Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting Kellie Thorndyke. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.