6 days left
- Full Time
Working in partnership with University College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, HCA UK at University College Hospital is a dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses are highly trained offering the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment. We are continually investing in our facilities, offering the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service.
We are also proud of our "Outstanding" CQC rating, indicating the level of employees we have in our teams dedicated to HCA values. Committed to delivering outstanding care and performing their roles to the best of their abilities, supported by our visible and valuable hands on management teams.
This advert will open on 26th July and close on the 26th August. International Candidates are welcome and Tier 2 sponsorship is available.
We are actively recruiting for experienced specialist doctors in Haematology trained to SPR Level to work on our inpatients ward.
Our doctors are responsible clinically to the patients named Consultant, liaise daily regarding patients clinical care plan and escalate and concerns or changes in patient conditions and work in close liaison with the nursing and multidisciplinary team to ensure the highest standards of patient care is delivered.
* Job Title: RMO specialist Doctor
* Salary package is dependent upon experience C£55000-£60000 per annum.
* Full time 40 hours per week
* Location: Central London NW1 2BU
* Monday to Friday, Day Shifts Only, no nights or weekends
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide clinical expertise to support the daily running of the Haematology Ward and clinical care delivered to all patients.
* Work in close liaison with the Junior Doctors on the ward to ensure the highest standards of patient care is delivered.
* Perform all relevant clinical procedures, including but not exclusive to bone marrow biopsies, lumbar punctures, removal of Hickman Lines.
* Review all drug charts daily and liaise with the Nurse in Charge and Pharmacist regarding any changes and potential problems.
* Prescribe all medication as per relevant clinical protocol.
* Ensure all patients are reviewed daily and that all reviews are documented in the patient's medical records.
* Ensure patient records from admission through to discharge are accurately and promptly updated.
* Initiate life-saving procedures as and when called for and be conversant in ALS skills, conversant with all aspects of resuscitations, intubations and defibrillation as appropriate.
* Responsible for consenting patients for procedures and treatments
Skills and Experience
* GMC with licence to practice or in the process of obtaining.
* Successful completion of MRCP or equivalent -desirable but not essential
* Trained to the equivalent of ST2 Training
* Haematology experience required
* Advanced life Support Trained
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.